Re: boot hang: "ata1: resetting devices .. done" (5.1-CURRENT, IBMT30)

From: Lee Damon <nomad_at_castle.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:08:34 -0700
> > > Anyone tried going forward to 1.8?
> > I just tried 1.8, it did not fix the problem.  Symtoms are still the same,

I noticed that ata-queue.c had a .rej so in a fit of "lets make sure
everything is valid"ness I deleted my /usr/src tree and re-sup'd the
entire thing, then built.

Between that and the 1.9 version of ata-queue.c, both of the problems
(the hang with ata1: resetting and the hang if atapicam is defined
in the kernel) I had been reporting have been cleared up.

Now if I could just get this darned T30 to sleep properly, all would be
wonderful. :)

nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
play: nomad_at_castle.org    or castle!nomad                          \
work: nomad_at_ee.washington.edu                                       \
                                 				    /\
Seneschal, Castle PAUS.                                            /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \