FreeBSD 5.1 stability

From: Martin Minkus <Martin.Minkus_at_Geac.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:01:18 +1000
I would just like to take this moment to congratulate all the people
here who have made FreeBSD 5 the success that it is, and have put in all
the hard work and effort to make it such a reliable and stable
workhorse.

I am not sure what sort of uptimes people have had with -CURRENT as it
is a work in progress, but here is an uptime of a 5.1 box that has just
passed 100 days.

Unfortunately this machine has to move now which means shutting down so
the uptime will be lost (and i have cvsup'd her just a few minutes ago),
but it shows the reliability that we now have in FreeBSD 5. This box is
a Dual CPU system with SCSI and IDE drives, two NIC's, and gets thrashed
quite heavily at times.

Keep up the good work people! :)

Martin.

diablo:~> uname -a
FreeBSD diablo.diskiller.net 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #5: Thu Jun
12 20:19:23 CST 2003
diskiller_at_diablo.diskiller.net:/junk/src/sys/i386/compile/DIABLO  i386
diablo:~> uptime
10:21AM  up 101 days, 17:12, 1 user, load averages: 0.33, 0.58, 0.44
diablo:~> date
Wed Oct 15 10:21:40 CST 2003
diablo:~>