Re: KSE & MySQL & rc.d

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_alkar.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:21:06 +0300
David Xu wrote:
> Alexander Motin wrote:
>> This patch did not fix the problem. On the 4th boot system hang with
>> same symptoms.

> I have been running MySQL 4.1.0 on my SMP machine for monthes,  it is
> not P4 HyperThreading,
> but a dual P3 machine, it just works fine for me.

Do you have 5.1-CURRENT on your machine? Do you using KSE?

> Did kernel lock up or can you press ctrl+c to see if you can interrupt it ?

After that computer do not respond on Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Enter or any
other key.

> If you build mysql from ports, it should install script mysql-server.sh
> under /usr/local/etc/rc.d,
> the default script will run mysqld_safe in background, I am confused
> that you need to
> manually turn it into background, the work should be done atomically by
> the script.

I had built mysql by hands from sources with options:
./configure \

--prefix=/usr/local/mysql_4 \

--without-debug \

--with-charset=koi8r \

--with-extra-charset=koi8_ukr,win1251,win1251ukr \

--with-mysqld-user=mysql \

--without-berkeley-db \

--without-isam \

--without-innodb \

--enable-thread-safe-client \

--with-named-thread-libs=-lkse

I use mysql.server script from mysql sources. My workaround is not only
in background running of mysqld_safe (mysql.server script doing this
anyway) but in running it after some delay to allow system finish his
boot process and create virtual consoles.

--
Alexander Motin mav_at_alkar.net
ISP "Alkar-Teleport"