Re: More ULE bugs fixed.

From: Sean Chittenden <sean_at_chittenden.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:05:17 -0700

> > > Hrm, I must concur that while ULE seems a tad snappier on the
> > > responsiveness end, it seems to be lacking in terms of real world
> > > performance compared to 4BSD.
> >
> > Thanks for the stats.  Is this on SMP or UP?
>
> UP.  -sc

The commit to src/sys/kern/kern_switch.c:1.62, would it fix the
following crash (can't find my kernel with debugging symbols):

fault virtual address   = 0x30
fault code              = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc054699f
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xd6713b20
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xd6713b2c
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 3 (g_up)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

syncing disks, buffers remaining...

fault virtual address   = 0x0
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc0536771
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xdb7d4bb4
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xdb7d4bc0
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 45 (syncer)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

#0  0xc052eeeb in doadump ()