binaries installed mult. times / no symlinks ?

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 08:52:59 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

I had been going through /usr/bin to see what I would need for a very
small installation and noticed that there are binaries
installed multiple times with different names of course.

My question now would be if symlinking wouldn't suffice ? From those
that I had not deleted I remember the following duplicates that most
likely are not all of those exist...

	Mail -> mail
	Mail -> mailx
	less -> more