Re: PATCH for ATAng

From: Soren Schmidt <sos_at_spider.deepcore.dk>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:32:12 +0200 (CEST)
It seems Hiroyuki Aizu wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The original ata_reset() lost ATA-master drive and remove main file system
> after suspend/resume. Of cource it occors panic!
> I think that the ata_reset() in ata-lowlevel.c is bogus and I can not
> understand the code. So I study ATA and rewrite ata_reset() completely.
>
> New device detect algorism using ata command ATA_IDENTIFY_DEVICE and
> ATA_IDENTIFY_PACKET_DEVICE for judge ATA and ATAPI devices.
>
> This patch works fine with my TOSHIBA Libretto L5.
> But not yet test ATAPI devices and ATA-slave channel.
> Maybe there is need to adjust wait DELAY time.
>
> Please test and replace ata_reset().

Hold your horses just a bit please, I suggest that you try to understand
the current code first, then we can talk about improving it..

> I hope this solve ATAng troubles.

It will probably solve some troubles but I'll bet it will produce quite
a few new ones :)

Anyhow I'll look at your code asap, but from a quick look it shows that
you havn't looked seriously at the existing code, and that is not a
good sign in my book sorry...

-Søren