Re: __fpclassifyd problem

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 03:28:55 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <3F92FC99.8010802_at_freebsd.org>
            Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org> writes:
: We need to resolve this before 5.2 in some fashion.  It looks like the
: easiest thing to do is bump libm.  Is this advisable?

The problem with bumping libm is that we also need, strictly speaking,
to bump all libarires that depend on libm, and that can be very ugly.
This moves the bump the major version from the trivial fix class to
something that we have to think real hard about.  In general one
cannot bump the major version of 'base' libaries like this w/o careful
thought and planning.  While we've done that in the past with libc, I
think we were wrong to do so in some classes of symbol tampering.

Warner