Current GBDE Problems

From: John Stockdale <jstockdale_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:34:54 -0700
I upgraded source on the current branch a few days ago and havn't been
able to get GBDE to work nicely since. I'm running two separate GBDE
devices, one 8MB memory disk, and one 1.2TB hardware raid 5 array,
neither of which can I now get to mount.

When I initialize a new disk on startup for the memory disk, and then
mount and newfs the disk, I get a "cg 0: bad magic number" error. When
I try to attach my existing raid 5 array using gbde attach /dev/twed0
-l I get success but then upon mount /dev/twed0.bde I receive the
error: "mount: dev/twed0.bde: Input/output error"

Furthermore, when I tried to fsck -t UFS /dev/twed0.bde I recieved:
** /dev/twed0.bde

CANNOT SEEK BLK: XXXXXXXXXX
CONTINUE? [yn] n

Anyone have any ideas? I can't figure out what could be wrong.

-John