GEOM_FOX woes

From: Sławek Żak <zaks_at_prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:43:14 +0200
Hi,

I tried to use geom_fox to implement multipathing on my machine. The setup
is: Dell PowerEdge 2600, 2 QLogic 2312 FC Adapters, 2 Brocade 2800 Switches,
1 Compaq HSG 80 FC array with 2 redundant FC controllers. I wrote the magic
labels on the disks, according to the script in the announce message:

       http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-June/005288.html

After reboot, none of the devices ending with .fox were writeable. The
original disks (da??c) were unwriteable either. geom_fox detects the devices
just fine. Here is the snippet from dmesg, after loading geom_fox:

    Creating new fox (da13)
    fox da13.fox lock 0xcb3a5e14
    Creating new fox (da12)
    fox da12.fox lock 0xcb3a5c14