Re: DVD+R burning flakey after ATAng.

From: Pierre Beyssac <pb_at_fasterix.frmug.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:57:26 +0200
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:10:39PM -0400, David Gilbert wrote:
> This all started screwing up with ATAng.  At first, ATAng didn't
> support atapicam, but that was rectified.  Now the dvd+rw port
> (growisofs) doesn't work at all ... it finishes with an error that I'm
> loathe to coaster another (expensive) DVD to find out.  burncd will

I've only tried DVD+R burning with growisofs since ATAng. My drive
is a Ricoh MP5125. I've previously burned quite a few DVD+RW with
burncd, it mostly worked before ATAng and it still does.

One problem I have seen is at the fixation phase. I occasionaly
have growisofs returning an error at the end, sometimes it doesn't
seem to matter and sometimes it does (no TOC, preventing any access).
In the latter case I then tried a burncd fixate on it which made
the coaster back into a DVD. It's funny enough since burncd is not
supposed to handle DVD+R AFAIK, but the Ricoh drive apparently did
the right thing anyway.

As usual, YMMV. In my case it's clearly not related to the ISO image
I put on the DVD.
--
Pierre Beyssac	      	    pb_at_fasterix.frmug.org pb_at_fasterix.freenix.org
    Free domains: http://www.eu.org/ or mail dns-manager_at_EU.org