Re: i386_set_ldt warnings

From: Bruce Evans <bde_at_zeta.org.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:11:52 +1000 (EST)
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Jonathan E Fosburgh wrote:

> On Wednesday 22 October 2003 10:06 pm, Bruce Evans wrote:
> > It is effectively binary only, since current versions of wine don't
> > run my application correctly and the old version doesn't build under
> > -current.
>
> Is it some application that attempts to access network? For the last couple of
> weeks I have been unable to use Notes under Wine on -CURRENT, it keeps
> hanging trying to go out on the network.  This happened before between 5.0-R
> and 5.1-R, and was fixed somewhere in 5.1-CURRENT.  Unfortunately, I do not
> know what changes to break this.  So could it be an issue with FreeBSD and
> not Wine?

No.  It mostly has screen update problems (too slow) with my main
application (a networked game).  I've noticed network connection problems
in parts of another application though.  The only wine-related problems
in -current that I know of were related to rfork().  rfork() was broken
in kern_fork.c 1.182 and unbroken in kern_fork.c 1.199.  This caused a non-
network-related hang.

Bruce