FreeBSD-Current and XFree86

From: James Tanis <jtanis_at_charter.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:59:04 -0400
         I'm having problems with XFree86 that result from the fact that
the ATI Radeon 9800 is not supported by the current 4.3.0 radeon driver. I
would like to upgrade to current/cvs version of XFree86, 4.3.99 since the
next release isn't going to be for around another 2 months. My question is,
what is the most flawless way to do this? Is there a FreeBSD concentric
repository, or should I just get the sources from the standard XFree86 cvs
repository? Is there a place where I can instead get frequently updated
ports of the repository? Building from source is there any configure
switches that I need to successfully build? Last but not least is it
possible to build only the radeon drivers and use those in 4.3.0.. if so,
how do I go about doing that? I had some problems when I only downloaded
the graphics drivers module.
Thanks for any help,
         James

James Tanis