Thinkpad x31 freezes after lid close

From: Robert Luciani <r3tex_at_home.se>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 01:01:27 +0200
I'm having a problem on my IBM Thinkpad X31.
The laptop lid, when shut freezes everything.
The same thing goes for the standby and power buttons.
Even pressing the little flashligt button freezes everything.
Standby and Hibernate don't work in the least bit.
I can't shut down properly.
I solved this in NetBSD by adding:
options    APM_NO_IDLE      # Don't call BIOS CPU idle function
this solved all my problems and i just choose not to put the
laptop in standby.
is there an equivalent in FreeBSD?
when adding device apm in the kernel no apm devices are dicovered.
I'd like to use the ACPI but it seems harder to achieve this function.
any ideas?