Re: DRM related error

From: Eric Anholt <eta_at_lclark.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:10:37 -0800
On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 10:21, Shin-ichi Yoshimoto wrote:
> Subject: Re: fresh -current trap,
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:50:30 +0900, Shin-ichi Yoshimoto wrote:
> > I'm using a radeon DRM module.
>
> Now DRM work fine. But some kernel messages found my log like this.
>
> kernel: error: [drm:pid38523:radeon_ioctl] *ERROR* can't find
> authenticator
>
> Is this OK ?

Sort of.  This is an error that has actually been happening for a long
time, and I'm guessing is the reason for the issues with KDE and the
DRI, but it's been a debug message instead of an error.  It's something
that needs to get fixed, but doesn't mean things have gotten worse since
the previous import.  It's the highest thing on my list of FreeBSD DRM
issues to fix.

I wasn't expecting the error to be as common as it is.  I admit that I
didn't really start KDE up fully, because it's a read-only netboot
system, which KDE didn't like very much.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta_at_lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt_at_FreeBSD.org