Re: problems with sysinstall

From: Darryl Okahata <darrylo_at_soco.agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:45:29 -0800
Sergey Matveychuk <sem_at_ciam.ru> wrote:

> > Don't use chainloader with FreeBSD.  Use 'kernel /boot/loader' instead.
> > This is documented in the GRUB info doc. Again, I have set this exact
> > system up with redhat on the first disk and it works perfectly.
>
> Grub do not supporting UFS2. So only way to boot -current is chainloader.

     Boot -current using the Windows XP bootloader.  Unfortunately, I
don't know of a single site with correct/complete information, but here
are two pages to get you started (BACKUP your Windows partition before
using the information in the following):

	http://bsdatwork.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=3
		(Also read the OpenBSD section for additional WinXP
		info.)

	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html#NT-BOOTLOADER

--
	Darryl Okahata