Palm and USB: 5-CURRENT, 4-CURRENT, or 4.9-RELEASE?

From: Jason Barnes <jbarnes_at_c3po.barnesos.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:48:36 -0700 (MST)
	I am trying to get my Palm Tungsten-E to sync with my FreeBSD
4.8-STABLE from October 23 (about a week ago).  I seem not to be able to
access /dev/ucom0 from pilot-xfer or jpilot, and the PPP workaround that
others have suggested I can't seem to quite get working.  I have heard
rumors that the USB stack is fixed in newer versions such that I might be
able to access the pilot directly -- can you tell me whether 4-CURRENT,
5-CURRENT, or 4.9-RELEASE might have the relevant fixes?
	Thank you for your help,

				- Jason Barnes