Re: problems with sysinstall

From: Richard Nyberg <rnyberg_at_it.su.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:46:00 +0100
At Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:32:29 -0800 (PST),
Doug White wrote:
> Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> > Doug White wrote:
> > > This is normal and for your protection. you can't edit the disk you're
> > > running off of.  If you are running off of ad1, make sure 1) you're root
> > > when you run sysinstall and b) you aren't mounting any filesystems from
> > > ad0.
> >
> > Well, I understand it for slices. But why I can't create new partition
> > in exist slice and newfs it? It was OK in -stable.

I fail to understand either.

> yes, this is a change to -current. It is for your own safety.

I think this change in current is for the worse. I don't see why
I can't manage slices and partitions from my regular OS, but have
to boot up a CD to do the job. It's not even safer; I am perfectly
capable of destroying my disk layout from the CD too.

        -Richard