Re: jumbograms (& em) & nfs a no go

From: Barney Wolff <barney_at_databus.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:34:15 -0500
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 08:04:58AM -0800, Sam Leffler wrote:

> I've ran many jumbogram tests of machines connected with a cross-over cable
> and em devices at each end.  If you've got a swtch in the middle make sure it
> does the right thing.

Just a minor note: GigE should not require a crossover cable.  It's
supposed to work to connect two GigE adapters with a straight-thru
cable.  I verified this with two Intel em NICs, quite a while ago.
As I recall, when I used a crossover cable, I could not get the
adapters to go to 1000, only 100.  That might have been the cable,
or not.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.