Re: ATAng regression: cdcontrol close not working

From: Lars Eggert <larse_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:43:05 -0800
Soren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Lars Eggert wrote:
>
>>FYI, the issue is still present with yesterday's -current. Will Pav
>>Lucistnik's patch be committed soon?
>
> I've already committed a solution that works on all the drives I
> could test on (some of which failed before), if this still
> fails for you I'd like a more detailed description of what
> exactly goes wrong...

I must have missed that commit message, sorry. This is the drive I am
having the issues with:

acd0: CDRW <PHILIPS DVD+RW-D28> at ata1-master UDMA33

I also have atapicam in the kernel:

cd0: <PHILIPS DVD+RW-D28 1.62> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device

I have the same issue as the original poster:

"cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0 eject" -> ejects tray
"cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0 close" -> does nothing

"cdcontrol -f /dev/cd0 eject" -> ejects tray
"cdcontrol -f /dev/cd0 close" -> retracts tray

cdcontrol does not show any messages, even with -v.

Sending CDIOCCLOSE from a short C snippet shows that the ioctl yields EBUSY.

(I also tried to get a ktrace, but that just shows "Events dropped"
where the trace becomes interesting. Issue with -current?)

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse_at_isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute