Re: Problems with NFS (client) under 5.1.

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:33:03 -0000
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> I'm trying to set a FreeBSD 5.1 machine up as an NFS client.  The
> server is on an SGI box.  Things are strange:

Any chance you could grab a copy of ethereal and do a bit of on-the-wire
inspection of the RPCs?  It would be interesting to know which of the
requests are serviced out of the client cache, and which make it to the
server.  It would also be interesting to see if you can see failures in
the wire protocol, or if they're purely an artifact of the client.

Also, can you confirm the Linux and FreeBSD clients are both using the
same version of NFS with similar protocol settings (i.e., NFSv3 over UDP).

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories