Re: 5.2-RELEASE TODO

From: Nicole <nicole_at_daemontech.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:42:53 -0700 (PDT)
On 01-Sep-03 Unnamed Administration sources reported Marc G. Fournier said :

> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Nicole wrote:
>

>>  So are you saying it Will work in single user mode perhaps? (drives in use)
>>
>>  or are you saying gee we have this nice new version that if you need to
>> modify any disk slice you did after an install your screwed into going
>> back to caveman tools (which I admit I have NO IDEA how to use and I bet
>> many others don't as well.)
>
> Ummm ... if you are talking about something that I just went through, why
> can't you just boot up off the floppies and do the reconfig from there?

 Well.... Server not even in same city as I am would be a start.

  I thought detrimeatures were more a MS thing. "You didn't really NEED that
feature did you.. there is a way around it, but you need our $$ training course
then."

 You want to compete with Linux and Solaris who has all the nice friendly
features and now its ok to eliminate them and make someones job require on-site
visits and downbooting to floppies?  Hellooo??

  Nicole

                     |\ __ /|   (`\
                     | o_o  |__  ) )
                    //      \\
 -  nicole_at_daemontech.com  -  Powered by FreeBSD  -
 " Daemons" will now be known as "spiritual guides"
-Politically Correct UNIX Page

"Witchcraft is in essence the worship of the powers of this world,
 beautiful and terrible, but all in a circle under the turning sky
 that is the One."     -C.A. Burland, "Echoes of Magic"

"Connecting with energy is something humans have to be open
 to and talking about and expecting,  otherwise the whole human
 race can go back to pretending that life is about power over others
 and exploiting the planet.  If we go back to doing this,
 then we won't survive."      -James Redfield, "The Celestine Prophecy"