ATAPI burner goes as PIO4

From: Petri Helenius <pete_at_he.iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:25:51 +0300
I have a DVD drive which is recognized by the BIOS as UDMA33 and also the
documentation states that UDMA33 is the fastest it goes, however with ATAng
the hw.ata.atapi_dma is gone and the kernel thinks PIO4 is the way to go;
acd0: DVDR <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B> at ata7-master PIO4

it works alright if I set it to UDMA33 using atacontrol but is there a
way to make
the kernel to recognize it properly in the first place?

Pete