ATAng + atapicam broke for me

From: <arno_at_heho.snv.jussieu.fr>
Date: 03 Sep 2003 20:35:44 +0200
Hello,

shortly after last sunday, ATAng broke for me with atapicam
enabled; on a Toshiba Satelite 6000 Notebook; first
versions of ATAng worked flawlessly with atapicam, never
tested without.
Things broke when the newer probe-code for CD-slaves etc was
introduced.

Now it hangs as follows :

 (probe0:ata0:0:0:0): error 22
 (probe0:ata0:0:0:0): Unretryable Error
 (probe0:ata0:0:0:0): error 22
 (probe0:ata0:0:0:0): Unretryable Error
 (probe1:ata0:0:1:0): error 22
 (probe1:ata0:0:1:0): Unretryable Error
 (probe1:ata0:0:1:0): error 22
 (probe1:ata0:0:1:0): Unretryable Error
 [then some timeout error I forgot to write down (and no serial port) sorry ]

 and then nothing, I can't even jump in ddb.

Compared to an older dmesg, the following seems missing

 (probe3:ata1:0:1:0): error 22
 (probe3:ata1:0:1:0): Unretryable Error
 (probe3:ata1:0:1:0): error 22
 (probe3:ata1:0:1:0): Unretryable Error

attached are dmesg from my last working ATAng+ATAPICAM kernel
and -current-without-ATAPICAM.

Hope this helps.

Thanx, Arno