Re: usb mouse : /dev/ums0 not created ...

From: Ivan Georgiev <georgiev_at_vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:39:38 -0400
On Wednesday 03 September 2003 18:15, Mark Dixon wrote:
> Ivan Georgiev wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am trying to use a USB mouse on 5.1-CURRENT (compiled today from the
> > src), but the /dev/ums0 is not created by the device ... Tried with and
> > without ACPI - in either case the ums0 is not created.
> >
> >in dmesg I see:

> >device_probe_and_attach: ums0 attach returned 6
> >ugen0: setting configuration index 0 failed
> >
> >Please, let me know what to do in order to get it working.
> >Ivan
>
> Its not a Microsoft Mouse is it? Mine (a Wheel Mouse Optical)
> occasionally does this but works 9 times out of 10,
>
> Mark

No, it is not a Microsoft Mouse (wheel, optical, brand creative). It doesn't
work under Linux either. Although, in linux /dev/input/mouse0 gets created
... but if I "cat /dev/input/mouse0" nothing shows up when I move the mouse.
The only place where it works is windows ...
Do you think I should try another mouse ?

Thanks,
Ivan