can't log in! openpam_load_module failures on strcpy, cgetclose

From: Aaron Smith <aaron_at_mutex.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 13:35:07 -0700
Hi everyone. login and sshd are both failing for me after a make world on
current. I have mergemaster'd, rebuilt world, ad infinitum. I've compared
/etc/pam.d with the source tree version and they're the same.

I instrumented openpam_dynamic, and login is failing on 'strcpy':

login: in openpam_dynamic(): pam_nologin.so: /usr/lib/pam_nologin.so:
Undefined symbol "strcpy"
login: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_nologin.so found
login: pam_start(): system error

for sshd the failure is on 'cgetclose':

sshd: in openpam_dynamic(): pam_nologin.so: /usr/lib/pam_nologin.so:
Undefined symbol "cgetclose"
sshd: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_nologin.so found
sshd: fatal: PAM: initialisation failed

Now, there are T symbols for both of these in the respective binaries,
according to nm (at least before they are stripped). So just in case
stripping was an issue I figured I'd try unstripped binaries and rebuilt
them. No luck.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
--Aaron