Re: usb flashkey disk copy error

From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_efn.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 23:16:23 -0700
raoul.megelas wrote this message on Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 11:33 +0200:
> You have found the trick, fsync after cp works fine.
> Thanks very much.
>
> But why the fsync is not automatically done by umount on umass?
>
> (note) if you need to test against flashkey i can do that if you want.)

Well, we still need to figure out why an fsync fixes it.  Does it still
cause the corruption now after not doing an fsync?  Can you alternate it
a few times, doing an fsync, and then not, and seeing if it is reliable?

If this is an fsync issue, then it might be else where in the subsystem
that isn't flushing the buffers before umount, but that seems a bit
wierd since other fs's should/would be having this problem too.

Don't rejoice quite yet, there still is something to track down.  Did
you see my recent patch I posted?  Could you try that on your system?

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579