Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD (Netgraph)

From: Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:45:03 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hackers,

After a very long delay (sorry!) I'm pleased to announce that I'm still around
and new a snapshot can be downloaded from

http://www.geocities.com/m_evmenkin/ngbt-fbsd-20030908.tar.gz

Here is quick summary:

o ng_hci(4) and ng_l2cap(4) kernel modules were changed to fix issue with
  Netgraph timeouts. Under some conditions it was possible to access data
  structure that was already free()d.

o ng_ubt(4) module was changed to fix compilation issue on -current.

o Implemented new libsdp. Linux BlueZ developers did not agree to re-release
  their code under BSD style licence, so I had to write libsdp.

o Added new sdpcontrol(8) utility. This is an analog of sdptool utility from
  Linux BlueZ SDP package.

o rfcomm_sppd(1), rfcomm_pppd(8) and obexapp(1) were changed and now can
  obtain RFCOMM channel via SDP from the server. The user still has an option
  to specify RFCOMM channel by hand.

o hccontorol(8) utility now has four new commands: Read/Write_Page_Scan_Mode
  and Read/Write_Page_Scan_Period_Mode.

o hcsecd(8) daemon now saves link keys on the disk. It is now not required
  to pair devices every time.

o Few man pages were updated to document the changes.

o All ports were updated to recent versions.

o All Makefile's were updated. IMPORTANT: if you are building snapshot then
  you have to use

  # make -DSNAPSHOT depend
  # make -DSNAPSHOT
  # make -DSNAPSHOT install

  commands. Also you MUST build and install src/lib/libbluetooth and
  src/lib/libsdp first.

Here is the list of things I'm planing to do next:

o Prepare patches for FreeBSD source tree
o Write SDP server. For now continue use Linux BlueZ SDP server.
o Add support for SCO (voice/video) links
o Better rc scripts
o Think about non-Netgraph portable version

Please give it a try and let me know if it workds for you.

thanks,
max