Re: route problems in 5.1-RELEASE

From: Jesse Guardiani <jesse_at_wingnet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:53:50 -0400
Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>Normally, if I want to swap from wi0 to fxp0, all I
>>have to do is:
>>
>>killall dhclient
>>ifconfig wi0 down
>>ifconfig fxp0 up
>>dhclient fxp0
>
> Why don't you just update to 5.X, run mergemaster-
>
> Then just remove the wi0 card and plug in a ethernet
> cable to the internal NIC ? This works wonderful here.
> No manual interaction needed anymore. Dhclient had a bunch
> of fixes for this problem, the rc system had it too. All of
> them are fixed.

Ok. Glad to hear it.

I would update to -CURRENT, but I'm a little worried about my
ATA drive not being detected with the new ATAng stuff. :)

Not to mention the hastle of having to compile all my userland
stuff from source. (You can't use packages with -CURRENT, right?
Or am I mistaken?)

This isn't a beater laptop. I actually use it for real work.
So maybe I'll just wait for 5.2-RELEASE...

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,