Re: Shared object "libintl.so.4" not found

From: Scott Likens <damm_at_fpsn.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:32:19 -0700
On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 17:17, Michael Goffin wrote:
> I recently upgraded one of my machines to 5.1-current, and for some reason I keep getting "Share object 'libintl.so.4' not found" errors when I attempt to install from ports or execute certain commands/programs. I read that upgrading my version of gettext would fix the issue, but it has not. Is there any other way to get this object?
>
> Mike

This would fall under, gettext.  You will need to rebuild everything
that depends on libintl.so.4

Thus, more then likely gmake, and alot of other things.  My suggestion
would be to rebuild gmake by hand, then install portupgrade

then portupgrade -r gettext

Couple hours later, all will be fine.

Fortunatly for me because I rebuilt using portupgrade so it kept
libintl.so.4 in a nice backup directory that's ldconfig'd at bootup.

So it wasn't too painful.

Food for thought,

Scott