re: usb flashkey

From: raoul.megelas <raoul.megelas_at_libertysurf.fr>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:55:52 +0200
hello all,

I tested the flashkey with and without fsync.
Infortunately the result is the same in all cases:
a random write fault for one byte at each time, repeated at random places.

With a 32Mb (old model i think) flashkey, all is correct and repeated writes
are ok.

Reading operations are correct (a bad file is always bad for current and for XP.

The flashkey runs quite well on XP (verifyed a big number of times on writing).

errors occur at any place on the flashkey (msdos-sys) as attested by a partial
copy of the flashkey done by dd: (bootmbr fats directory, and of file).
Writing errors are not systematic, and sometimes all goes fine.

At my sense, it looks like a time problem or as mentionned by Bruce Evans
or an interrupt problem.

Hope this can help.
Best regards.

	raoul