mysql-client compiler error

From: Matt <matt_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:37:54 +0100
After building world as of late last night I decided to portupgrade
-rRaf, mainly due to having the libintl.so.4 missing problem when I
tried to start X. Everything compiled perfectly fine (and X is now
working fine) except for databases/mysql40-client. I get this error:

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
configure: error: could not configure Berkeley DB

I just wish to know is this something wrong with my system in general or
is this just due to the -pthread discussions that have been occuring and
that this port is one example of those that no longer works on -current?

It is not a problem as I have the previously compiled/installed version
still on the system but I just wish to confirm if the problem is likely
to be down to the pthreads changes, and if I should report it to the
port maintainer etc?

Matt.