Re: ATAng vs Aladdin chipset

From: Pete Carah <pete_at_ns.altadena.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 03:18:03 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I misspoke on the timer; the one that works is booting in non-acpi
mode by "beastie"s choice; the older one still fails if I comment the acpi
ignore timer statement.  Actually that one appears to run slow by about half.

Both fail equally in ATAng so acpi isn't making any difference (nor does
it appear to make much if any other difference in the motherboard
operation); on the laptop acpi is necessary to make PCMCIA work at all,
among other things.

-- Pete