Re: ath0, Driver support?

From: Hendrik Scholz <hscholz_at_raisdorf.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:03:14 +0200
Hi!

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:21:01 +1200
Marcos Biscaysaqu <marcos_at_thepacific.net> wrote:

> Hi There .
>     I have in comming a couple a Proxim 8480- pcmcia , with Atheros
> Chipset and 8482- pci .
> someone knows if this card work on Freebsd?

'man ath' has a list of supported cards. There may be more devices
listed
in the driver itself.
54Mbit equipment using PCMCIA would be useless since PCMCIA basicly
is just ISA and only can transfer ~16Mbit/s.
The manpage shows cardbus (= PCI speed) cards which work but (see BUGS)
do not support any powersaving modes.

Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz_at_raisdorf.net> - http://raisdorf.net/

drag me, drop me - treat me like an object