Re: system hang on boot w/ "atapicam0: timeout waiting for ATAPI ready" (5.1-CURRENT, IBM T30)

From: Lee Damon <nomad_at_castle.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:47:00 -0700
>> >Yesterday's cvsup'd and compiled kernel hung at
>> >	acd0: CDRW <UJDA720 DVD/CDRW> at ata1-master UDMA33
>> >	atapicam0: timeout waiting for ATAPI ready
>
>This is from the low-level ATA layer. Do you see the same message if you
>disable ATAPICAM?

If I remove ATAPICAM from the kernel the system boots normally with
no timeout messages.

nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
play: nomad_at_castle.org    or castle!nomad                          \
work: nomad_at_ee.washington.edu                                       \
                                 				    /\
Seneschal, Castle PAUS.                                            /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \