Re: ATAng hangs with kernel from september 15

From: Joachim Strömbergson <watchman_at_ludd.luth.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:27:56 +0200
Aloha!

Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 September 2003 23:33, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
>>Try again and see if it is a real, solid hang, or if it just takes a while.
>
> Thanks! I guess I'm too impatient these days... Yes, it works after waiting
> for about 30 seconds. So a correction, it doesn't hang, it's just slow when
> detecting :).

So now the tousand dollar question becomes "What in the boot contains a
timeout around 30 seconds, a timout that lately has been
committed/ctivated in the kernel code?"

--
Med vänlig hälsning, Cheers!

Joachim Strömbergson
Joachim Strömbergson - ASIC designer, nice to *cute* animals.
     snail:                  phone:                     mail & web:
Sävenäsgatan 5A        +46 31 - 27 98 47          watchman_at_ludd.luth.se
416 72 Göteborg        +46 733 75 97 02           www.ludd.luth.se/~watchman