Re: ATAng hangs with kernel from september 15

From: Joachim Strömbergson <watchman_at_ludd.luth.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:04:36 +0200
Aloha!

Terry Lambert wrote:
> Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
>
>>So now the tousand dollar question becomes "What in the boot contains a
>>timeout around 30 seconds, a timout that lately has been
>>committed/ctivated in the kernel code?"
>
> SCSI has one of these; are you compiling with ATAPICAM?

Nope. No ATAPICAM anywhere near my system. .-)

Note that the changes to the src that triggered this appeared quite
recently, somewhere between 2003-09-01 and 2003-09-16, according to my
builds and reboots.

I think Sören is on the right track that it's related to ATA probe
timeout. I checked the cvs logs and there are new timeout code that
relates to ATA probing. I will do a verbose reboot and get the
interesting dmesg part to him.
--
Med vänlig hälsning, Cheers!

Joachim Strömbergson
Joachim Strömbergson - ASIC designer, nice to *cute* animals.
     snail:                  phone:                     mail & web:
Sävenäsgatan 5A        +46 31 - 27 98 47          watchman_at_ludd.luth.se
416 72 Göteborg        +46 733 75 97 02           www.ludd.luth.se/~watchman