Re: HEADS UP/STATUS: network locking

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:42:59 -0700
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 09:29:07AM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
>>
>> Please send me your kernel config and tell me again exactly what fails.
>> I will try to reproduce your problem.
>>
>> 	Sam
> After your yesterday/today commits, I got panic while doing netstat -an.
> On the kernel from about two days ago, with manually added patches, the
> netstat command render system unusable (with netstat process in LOCK
> state, or, in other cases - (swi8: tty:sio clock) process in LOCK state).

You cannot mix+match the commits and the patches.  You also, if I recall,
were only applying some of the patches and not all of them.  I'm not sure
this can work.  I haven't looked at the config you sent me; will try today.
I think that unless you can track my changes through p4 it may be
problematic using the patches.  I'll see about updating the patches based
on the current CVS.

	Sam