Re: Yesterday -CURRENT doesn't work on my CD-RW and SCSI HD (Re: )

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:34:58 -0500
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:27:28 -0500, Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net>
wrote:

>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:59:46 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7_at_cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Last night, I CVSup'ed and did the buildworld/kernel stuff. Then, I
>> > reboot
>> > and I get the busy signal like forever, it looks like the HD is
>> spinning
>> > forever for no reason. Also, the ATAng can't find my Teac CD-RW..
>
> Strange, I cvsupped/rebuilt last night as well.  I haven't been seeing
> the
> outright "hangs" on boot that people are talking about, but I am still
> having
> problems getting both of my ATAPI devices to attach properly.

Well, it doesn't hangs but I can surf around and fireup Gnome2 while I get
the crazy busy singal light on at all the time. There are no crazy
CPU/Memory in the ps/top, but just 90%-100% idle. I am pretty clueless on
this one, so I am stick to the old 5.1-CURRENT for now until someone know
what's wrong with my problem. I have four kernels under /boot, two of them
have debug enable and I am willing to do anything.

> I got a response from Soren re: my last dmesg report; sounded like maybe
> he
> had an idea what to do about the ATAPI problem at least <crossing
> fingers>.
> :-)

I hope, -CURRENT will get stable sometime soon same as before. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.