Re: ATAng no good for me

From: Bryan Liesner <bleez_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:27:33 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Lars Eggert wrote:

> Daniel Eischen wrote:

> >>Get atapicam out and see if that helps..
> >
> > No, using latest sources, with or without atapicam, does
> > not solve the problem.  It still hangs.
>
> As a datapoint, I experienced the hang with atapicam, too. Removing it
> helped in my case.

I experienced the hang with atapicam, and removing it helps.  These
symptoms happened immediately after the commit of ata-queue.c v1.5.

Reverting back to 1.4 removed the issue altogether.  I tried to get a
verbose boot message using ata-queue 1.5 and 1.6, but got way, way too
many spurious interrupt messages to have anything useful to share...

-Bryan