Re: Fixing -pthreads

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:40:37 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <20030921022407.GA39970_at_rot13.obsecurity.org>
            Kris Kennaway <kris_at_obsecurity.org> writes:
: 1) Put back -pthread in -current so all the ports don't fail

I've been thinking about just doing that, but was holding off to make
sure people had a chance to do this in the absense of dragging out a
big stick.

: 2) I will build a full set of -current packages with the -pthread
: error still in place, to determine the list of packages that need to
: be fixed (in fact I already have this, see
: http://dosirak.kr.freebsd.org/errorlogs).
:
: 3) You, John Birrell, and whoever else is interested in fixing these
: ports can work on them at your own pace without disrupting life for
: the rest of the users.  Once they're all fixed, we can turn the error
: back on or make it a NOP or do whatever else is decided to be
: appropriate.
:
: 4) It is likely that steps 2 and 3 will need to be iterated several
: times, because there are dozens of ports that need to be fixed, and
: many of them are hiding other ports that depend on them and also need
: to be fixed.

I think this is an excellent plan.

Warner