Re: ports and -current

From: Kris Kennaway <kris_at_obsecurity.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:43:01 -0700
On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 12:46:30AM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> This is the longest ports freeze that I can remember

I can only suppose that you haven't been paying attention to other
release cycles, because this one is shorter than usual.

>   I wasn't
> expecting it to last long.  Not to change the subject, I thought
> it would just be long enough to lay the tag.  I don't think you
> should label it as bad timing as much as asking why the freeze is
> taking so long.

The release schedule has been on the website for over a month, so
again it looks like you were simply uniformed as to timing and
duration of the release events.

Daniel, I'm trying to be reasonable here, and I think my previous
proposal achieves the ends we all want with a minimum of disruption to
the various parties involved.  Unfortunately I'm seeing a lot of heat
from you and not a lot of discussion.  Can we please try and work
cooperatively?

Kris