Re: Fixing -pthreads (Re: ports and -current)

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 02:44:30 -0500 (CDT)
> I don't think committing fixes for -current breakages should cause
> problems for 4.9-RELEASE (especially with the caveat that they be
> compile tested on -stable).

It takes several days to do the compile QA.  That's assuming
that no actual users are allowed to have time to test the changes
before the release is cut.

IMHO, what you think just doesn't reflect the actual reality
involved.  We are just going to have to disagree on this.

You should really look at the bento logs and get an understanding
of the continual QA that is done on the _over_ 9000 ports (many
of which have _no_ maintainer signed up) before you make assumptions
that there shouldn't be significant problems with what you propose.

mcl