Unable to newfs/fsck partition on -current because of write failed.

From: Nicolai Petri <nicolai_at_catpipe.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:50:41 +0200
I'm running -current from september, 14 on my notebook.

After an unclean shutdown (out of batteri) my /var filesystem died horrible.
Now when i'm trying to do a fsck I always get "write failed" for a lot of
blocks. I saw this error some months ago where I just wiped the fs with
newfs. But now even newfs gives me "Write failed". This seems a bit odd
because i can easily do a "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad0s2d" and clear out the
label. Any hints ? I'm thinking geom and/or blocksize problems. But that's
just a guess.

--
Cheers,
Nicolai Petri