SBLive Platinum + Live Drive

From: Vincent Tougait <viny_at_scientiae.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:03:53 +0200
Hello

I saw many posts in the archive about Creative Labs Audigy and Audigy 2
sound cards, but quite nothing about SBLive. I have an old one, packaged
as Platinum, the one that came with an 5"1/4 extension, called Live
Drive II. And I wanted to know if somebody had been able to use it under
FreeBSD. Especially SPDIF output (for AC3 support), and Line2/Mic2 input
(I used to connect a guitar on it).

Looking at header files for the emu10k1 drivers, I see lots of defines
for these input/output, but the driver doesn't seem to use them.

When I was under stable, I gave a try to OpenSound drivers, but wasn't
really convinced. And as it isn't free in any way =)

So, if anybody has some feedback...

Thanks,
Vincent