Re: Fixing -pthreads (Re: ports and -current)

From: Marcin Dalecki <mdcki_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:31:29 +0200
Scott Long wrote:

> I'm perfectly happy to support the libkse->libpthread switch, and I'm
> perfectly happy to support making libpthread be the default threading
> library.  But, I strongly believe that we need to also treat -pthread
> sanely.

You have to decide what the therading lib should be indeed.
However recent expirence shows that a 1:n model seems to be the
one the world over you is gearing around: Linux never did anything else.
Windows anyway. Solaris switched from n:m to 1:n on the step between
version 8 and 9.... Having two of them isn't the solution for me as a developer
since I'm simply not interresed in debugging both cases.