Re: SATA drive lock-up

From: Derek Ragona <derek_at_computinginnovations.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:06:20 -0500
Søren,

My setup is as follows:
Maxtor 6Y120MO 120GB SATA drive
Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 1210SA
Intel® Desktop Board D845GEBV2
1GB RAM
1.7 GHz Celeron CPU

The motherboard has the latest P17 BIOS.

The system has a teac 52x CD-ROM as the Master ATA device on the
motherboards primary IDE controller.  The secondary IDE controller is
disabled (I disabled this to reduce conflicts.)

The Maxtor drive is on the only drive connected to the adaptec SATA card.

There is a standard floppy disk installed as well.

I loaded the 9/22 snapshot, and after a couple drives was able to cvsup and
rebuild to current.  I am running the GENERIC kernel.

If there is some way to get more debugging information, please let me
know.  If you want the ATA subsystem rebuilt differently for more
debugging, I'm happy to do that as well.  If you want access to the box, I
will give you that too.

         -Derek