Re: Initial list of ports that fail due to -pthread

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:04:21 +0200
On Wednesday 24 September 2003 19:36, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 06:14:52PM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 24 September 2003 04:18, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > icecast-1.3.12_1
> >
> > I don't have a -CURRENT machine to test with. I don't mind the port
> > marked BROKEN, since it's unsupported abandonware and due for deorbit
> > anyway.
>
> I object. The Icecast team have barely even documented how to configure
> Icecast 2 nor have they provided a means of cleanly migrating to the new
> XML configuration format.
>
> SPC is one organization who make a lot of use of this particular port, I
> am sure there are others.
>
> If you must kill it off at least give us time to bury it properly.

Don't worry, a port deorbit takes a very long time and right now I'm merely
thinking out loud, there's no countdown started yet. But keep in mind that
this doesn't change the facts: Icecast 1 _is_ unsupported abandonware, and it
is by any means not too early to start investigating the migration to other
software.

That said, if you have a fix going for the -pthread issue on -CURRENT, I'd
appreciate (and commit).

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org