Re: Will 5.2 ship with WITH_LIBMAP? (was Re: KSE howto?)

From: Terry Lambert <tlambert2_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:51:36 -0700
"Jeroen C.van Gelderen" wrote:
> On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 13:29 US/Eastern, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > Which begs the question... is 5.2 going to ship with WITH_LIBMAP
> > enabled by default?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=libmap+default+WITH_LIBMAP&ie=UTF-
> 8&oe=UTF-8
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes/CURRENT/relnotes-i386.txt
>
> rtld(1) now includes ``libmap'' functionality by default; the
> WITH_LIBMAP compile knob is unnecessary and has been retired. More
> information can be found in libmap.conf(5).

I saw that in the release notes; but people are still posting to
-current about problems that require it, and other are posting
about how to use it, so either their -current isn't, or the code
doesn't match the release notes.  I suspect the former, but I
wanted to make sure (5.2 is going to be my next big "upgrade
the old boxes" release).

-- Terry