Re: Sil680 RAID Support while installing 5.1-Release

From: Derek Ragona <derek_at_computinginnovations.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:50:21 -0500
Gabriel,

I experienced the same problem using 5.1 release with an Adaptec SATA Raid
card that uses the SATA Sil3112A chip.

With 5.1-CURRENT I can get FreeBSD to install, but the server locks-up
because the disk subsystem gets a DMA write error that it either never
recovers from or falls into the debugger (most times it does NOT go to the
debugger.)

There are a few of us using SATA Sil3112A chips and experiencing these
problems.

         -Derek