Re: Serial debug broken in recent -CURRENT?

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:13:48 +0930
On Tuesday, 30 September 2003 at 16:13:09 -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Sam Leffler writes:
>> It reliably locks up for me when you break into a running system; set a
>> breakpoint; and then continue.  Machine is UP+HTT.  Haven't tried other
>> machines.
>
> Perhaps related, perhaps a red-herring:   With a single P4 + HTT, +
> SMP kernel, if I break into the ddb debugger on a serial console, the
> machine locks solid about 1 in 4 times.

Hmm, the first suggestion that it's possibly transient.  My machine is
a 2 processor Celeron 500 (obviously not HTT :-).  I get the same
results when debugging over firewire, which suggest that the problem
isn't in the serial link handling.

Greg
NOTE: Due to the currently active Microsoft-based worms, I am limiting
all incoming mail to 131,072 bytes.  This is enough for normal mail,
but not for large attachments.  Please send these as URLs.